Another great alternative for the sweet tooth is the mouth-watering doughnuts. This is one snack treat that individuals of all ages would love to indulge. Filipinos in particular loves to eat out and share time with friends and loved ones over dessert or a cup of coffee. This is one simple destressing activity that busy bees would like to do. With an appetizing scent of freshly baked doughnuts, tasty coffee and the glow of the “Hot Doughnuts Now” light is a stress reliever sign and thought in itself. That is why every passerby would want to stop, choose and eat this sweet ring-shaped fried cake. This then makes the doughnut experience simply awesome. Interestingly, doughnuts also have effect on one’s mood so your best friends should be well aware of the fact that nothing but doughnut can change one’s mood. Thus, having a Krispy Kreme kiosk in your place will not only be a dessert haven but definitely will be a chill out place for friends too. Remember, if given the choice, one doughnut is never enough as you will want more all the time.
History of Krispy Kreme
It all started in1937 when a visionary young man in the name of Vernon Rudolph thought of making doughnuts in his rented warehouse in Winston Salem, North Carolina. He just plainly planned to sell it in the community’s local grocery store. But because of its enticing smell, people who passed by were just drawn by its whiff and the last thing you know, they were all eager to buy and taste it. Because of this, the young entrepreneur thought of cutting a hole in an outside wall to cater to these passersby.
As it turned out, it became an instant hit. This then encouraged Rudolph to perfect the equipment in making these doughnuts and made sure that the secret recipe is followed thoroughly to its details so one Krispy Kreme doughnut tastes the same in every new shop that it opens.
With this, the Krispy Kreme Doughnut never looked back. For more than 65 years of making delightful doughnuts, it now became as one of the most beloved doughnut and coffee franchises in the international market. It is even recognized as the leading specialty retailer of premium quality doughnuts and this includes its signature Original Glazed flavor.
Thus, the company envisioned itself “to be the worldwide leader in sharing delicious tastes and creating joyful memories” and is committed “to touch and enhance lives through the joy that is Krispy Kreme”. That is why in 2001 Krispy Kreme began its international expansion and made it as a premium global brand. Now, more than seventy percent (70%) of its stores are outside the United States and is still reaching to more people in more places than ever.
Krispy Kreme in the Philippines
Krispy Kreme in the Philippines is owned and operated by the Max’s Group Inc. Currently, it has thirty-six (36) outlets around the country and is still continually growing to share this sweet goodness to Filipinos. The Real American Doughnut Company, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, holds the license to operate Krispy Kreme in the Philippines. MGI whose flagship brand is Max’s Restaurant is continually seeking for partners who share with the same vision of bringing good food to Filipinos. Among their famous brands are Yellow Cab Pizza Co., Pancake House, Teriyaki Boy, Dencio’s, Singkit, Sizzlin’ Steak and many others.
If you think you have what it takes to be a Krispy Kreme franchise, qualification, drive and commitment, then check out the details below to get started.
- Log on to www.krispykremefranchise.com and fill up in details the Request More Info form.
- Financial Investments may vary depending on market and location. All Krispy Kreme franchises should pay the territorial/exclusivity fee (which depends on the size of the market, number and type of stores); Franchise fees which are broken down as Flagship Factory Store – $25,000; Fresh Shop – $10,000; Kiosk – $10,000.
There is a royalty fee of 6% of net sales and a brand fund contribution of .50%. There is also a required spend 3% of sales on local store marketing
Advantages of Owning a Krispy Kreme Franchise
- The brand is timeless, global and most of all it offers sweet fun to its customers
- An established market in the food industry specifically in the brand of doughnuts and coffee
- Krispy Kreme provides training and support and this includes: business strategy, market planning, site selection, store design, production planning and execution, beverage/coffee production, retail operations, crew member training, hospitality, equipment maintenance and marketing
Disadvantages of Owning a Krispy Kreme Franchise
- The Krispy Kreme franchise is given to those individuals or organization that has the proven track record in the restaurant/retail food industry as owners/operators and that they prefer the ones who have the QSR experience. With this thought, franchise is limiting.
- Only one (1) franchise is required in one available market or country
For More Details of Krispy Kreme in the Philippines, you may contact the following:
Phone: 784-9000 local 1502/1409
Fax: 784-9000 local 1513
Website: http://www.krsipykreme.com.ph; www.maxsgroupinc.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/krispykreme.com.ph
Location: Penthouse, Ecoplaza Bldg., Chino Roces Ave. Extension, Makati City